Clara

Abby's nightgown is finished. It was very easy to sew--the pattern is awesome. I was going to make a pair of bloomers for her to wear underneath for extra warmth, but the flannel is pretty cozy. The nightgown is so full, she'll feel like she's wrapped in a blanket. So I don't think the bloomers are necessary (and thank goodness, because I am running out of top-secret sewing time . . .)

But I am planning on making Julie a white nightgown too. It won't take long at all. I have this vision in my head of Abby in her nightgown on Christmas Eve, but instead of holding a Nutcracker, she'll be holding Julie as I tuck her into bed all giggly and excited.

4 comments:

  1. It's so cute! Dave keeps bugging me to make a nightgown for Brina, and this might have tipped the scales in his favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I have always loved these old-fashioned nightgowns. They remind me of a simpler time. Thanks for linking up to Vintage Pollyanna!

    ReplyDelete