Snow Day

The light in my house isn't very good for taking pictures today, but I wanted to show these ornaments. I made the mitten and polar bear a few weeks ago, and finished the red coat on Christmas Eve. They turned out pretty cute and if you like them too, the pattern can be found here.

Today really is a snow day. We just had a big storm and Abby has already built a snowman in the backyard. Her coat and mittens are hanging by the door to dry, although we've yet to spot a polar bear walking around.

And we had a great Christmas full of surprises. Santa brought me something new (and slightly intimidating) for my sewing room, and my parents gave Abby a new doll who needs some clothes. I also got a few fun sewing books full of projects and patterns that I can't wait to start once this new year settles in. But until then, we'll just finish out 2010 by watching movies and drinking hot chocolate and staying warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment