Little Elf

The other day I pretended I was a photographer and took some pictures of some of our Christmas decorations around the house. This picture ended up being my favorite. This little elf dressed in felt belonged to Cody's grandma. She used to trim her Christmas tree with these elves--I also have a another one, who is a little bit bigger. When Cody's grandma died years before I met him, his mom took some of the elves for keepsakes. She gave me two of them the first Christmas we were married.

I used to put them on the tree, but this year I sat them on a snowflake mobile that dangles in our kitchen. They're awfully cute and Cameron loves to point at them. And I've decided that I really like elves. The other day Abby said that elves can change shapes and sizes--they can be really little to spy on us, or they can be big enough to help Santa load his sleigh. I think she's right.

I feel like an elf as I gather stocking stuffers and secretly work on Christmas Eve pajamas. I just finished the most perfect pair of cozy pajama pants for myself--more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment