Mormon Girl Goes to Mardi Gras

For a winter diversion, my mom and I threw together a costume for my little sister. She's attending a Mardi Gras party at Utah State and when she asked for help with a costume, she said, "Think Mormon girl goes to Mardi Gras." Which means: modest Mardi Gras costume please.

So none of this:

Or this:

This won't work either, even though she did want something feathery:

This is definitely modest:



The problem with making a quick costume for my little sister, is that there is nothing quick about it. She is like the princess and the pea--everything has to be just right. But what's really weird and/or sad, is that my mom will drop everything to help her youngest daughter and I will drop everything to make a costume.

So in a day or two, I will post our lovely creation. And while it's nothing like a true Samba dress, it was once a dance costume. And as for modesty? Well, the poor dear will have to wear sleeves just like every other Mormon girl going to Mardi Gras these days should.

2 comments: