I finished my new dress, and I have to say that I like it a lot! I especially love the sleeves. It was pretty easy to sew too. Even though I don't have a serger (yet), I love sewing knit fabric because I don't have to take extra time to finish the seams. And another great thing about knit dresses is that I don't have to iron them.I tweaked the pattern just a little. I extended the hemline, raised the neck opening, and cut the skirt a little fuller around the hips (because I am a little fuller around the hips!) But this is why sewing is so awesome--I end up with a dress that fits me perfectly. Oh, and the fabric was free (pawned off by my mom), the thread only $2.00, and the pattern $1.99. Pretty sweet.
Cute! And hurray for free fabric.
ReplyDeleteI really like it! I am excited to have you make me one, let me know when we can go pick out some fabric!
ReplyDelete