
I stumbled upon http://grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com/ a month or so ago. This seamstress makes the neatest dresses and then gives them away, just for fun. She has made some really pretty stuff, but what I really like about her giveaways is that a lot of the dresses are remade from ugly old things she finds at the Salvation Army. To enter one of her giveaways, you have to leave a comment or create a link on your blog (or both). Unfortunately for me, most of the dresses are too small, but I'm going to enter whenever a dress comes up that I like. Because I really want to get one in my hands and turn it over and scrutinize it to see how she does it! If I ever win--and I will because I'm lucky--I'll give the dress to anyone who wants it.
So why am I so lucky? Well, I've won my share of drawings and contests. I wish I could share some tips on how to win stuff, but really I inherited this particular trait from my dad, who wins things too. I once won $500.00 worth of Marie Osmond dolls by entering a doll contest, but that is a story for another time . . .
The reason I bring this up is that maybe my sister Kim shares the same trait. When she went to her Mardi Gras party, she won Best Costume and a $75.00 gift certificate to a local restaurant in Logan. I'm not surprised. I mean, of course she had the best costume :) And now she and her roomates will get to enjoy a steak dinner instead of a bowl of cereal one of these nights.
And just for fun, here are some pictures that Kim said I could share:
This is Kim ready to go wearing some serious make-up.


Uh-oh. Somebody's roomate is not so modest . . .


Only in college . . .

And it looks like dancing and studying can really take a toll on a college girl . . .
Yikes.
I think someone needs family intervention! Maybe spring break will bring Kimi back to us! This is NOT the girl I sent to Logan in August!
ReplyDeleteJust kidding...I gave birth to this one. I must take full responsibility.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! I laughed so hard when I saw that picture, oh my goodness Kimi, take a bath you hippy! ;) Kimi your cosutme was awesome, well done Ashley and Mom, bravo.
ReplyDeletePs- Ashley, a friend of mone has won a dress from that website. She wears it all the time, or so she claims. She now lives in Cali.
ReplyDeleteHey I party hard AND study hard, alright? I see nothing wrong with that... And maybe you should win a dress for me :) I'm likin the looks of those!
ReplyDelete