
This little pirate doesn't drink rum, but he downs a lot of milk and apparently enjoys eating carrots at Halloween parties.
His little costume was fun and easy and perfect for a baby. I love how the "vest" and puffy shirt are all the same piece. And since both the "vest" and knickers were made out of suedecloth, there was no need to hem them. And the kerchief on top of his head has elastic in it, so it stays on well. I'm surprised he doesn't pull it off, but I think he actually likes wearing it. The only part of the costume that didn't work was the red satin sash I made to tie around his waist. But that's just because he's still crawling and the sash got in his way. I told him that he can't go trick-or-treating unless he can walk, but he won't listen to me, the little stinker.

If he were really aboard a pirate ship, this is how he would look standing on the deck. Not too scary because he's just the cutest and most lovable pirate in the weird and haunted shores at world's end.
No comments:
Post a Comment