
I went to Joann's (to "experience the creativity") and was reminded of why I really despise that store:
* When I go for a pattern sale, the patterns I want are never there.
* The "fashion" fabrics are really unfashionable.
* When I pull number 69 from that little ticket machine, I realize the cutting associates are currently serving number 57.
* Which brings me to my next point: there are over a dozen people waiting at the cutting counter and only three women cutting fabric. Oh wait--one of those women is cutting remnants and then leaves for her break.
* I'm standing next to a group of weird looking fourteen-year-olds who are holding bolts of tulle and one of the kids is wearing a Phantom of the Opera mask. Where am I?
I finally managed to make it home with the right thread and some fabric, but really, I'm this close to ordering my fabric online!!
Don't go there anymore. In fact, don't go out of the house anymore. Those phantom masked people are everywhere and they are taking over our cities, streets, and public school systems. Get yourself a survival kit of cheez whiz and saltines and STAY AT HOME. Where do you think I have been? uh yeah, you can thank me later.
ReplyDeleteI get frustrated with Joanne's for the same reasons. They never have the patterns I want. They take forever to cut fabric, especially, but not limited to, when they have a big sale going on. And, now that you mention it, I have rarely bought any "fashion" fabrics there. Have you been to Hancock's recently? The last time I was there was more than a year ago, but I wonder if it would be better.
ReplyDeleteThis has nothing to do with Joanne's but it is 230 am and I can't sleep but I have been laughing for the past ten minutes thinking of Superman's epic battle with the other strong man that we watched together.... ha ha ha ha so funny!
ReplyDeleteWell, you can always hire a hit man to take out Joanne's and get rid of the place completely:)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt takes a real woman to tolerate shopping at JoAnns. It will build character and make one a better seamstress or crafter, when at last, the project is complete inspite of the insipid JoAnns!
ReplyDelete