Let me start with a little background story. When Abby was younger, she had a favorite term of endearment for Cody and me-- "bopperhead." I think it was the same thing as saying "silly goose." Whatever she meant by it, it has stuck in our family, and we occasionally still call each other bopperhead or even just bopper for short.So in December, I made a handful of crocheted headbands for some of my sisters. They look cute when worn like regular headbands, but they are even cuter when worn around the head flapper-style. (If you can pull that look off. I, alas, cannot.)
My sister Kim got two of them for Christmas. On Christmas day she modeled each one to show me how they looked with her long blonde hair. When Cody saw her, however, he said that she looked like a bopper. We both stared at him blinking our eyes in silence and confusion until I said, "I think the word you're looking for is flapper."
Bopper, flapper--same thing.
Cute! I love that I have a little girl to crochet things for now. I am just starting on a crocheted puppy purse.
ReplyDelete