Yesterday I finished the last doll dress cut out of the seagreen taffeta. I think it's my favorite. The doll in the picture is named Rachel. She doesn't have a chin because I made her and I accidentally skipped the chin part while sewing her head--oops. After I made Rachel a couple of years ago, I made another doll for Abby who has a chin. And blue eyes and blonde hair. Her name is Samantha, but she's currently unfit for a photo shoot because her hair has fallen out . . . Someday I will post all about this really fun doll pattern because I'm not done making more of these dolls. They are probably some of the most exciting things I've ever sewn.
As for the seagreen taffeta, I used up half of it in making these three doll dresses (and I still have way too much of the awful matching lace.) But it's time to put it away for now. When Abby saw the dress for Rachel, she said, "I love it . . . but I was wondering if I could have some different colors?"
So enough seagreen doll clothes for now. The sewing room is clean, Miss Blossom is waiting, and I have an itch to make a dress.
It's time to get serious and sew something fun :)
Phew! Now I don't have to worry if my new bopper band will be sea green taffeta! (what an ulgy name:) Abby, you are so funny. Always trying to be kind but honest:)
ReplyDelete