When I first started sewing doll clothes, one of the first things I made was a pirate costume for Julie that matched my daughter Abby's. Made from leftover scraps, it was the first time I kind of "drafted" a doll pattern and to this day remains one of my favorite doll outfits that I've made.
Since then, the dolls who live here have received all sorts of costumes: a witch, a black cat, Little Red Riding Hood, a Jack'O'Lantern, Supergirl, and Goldilocks. But since Julie's pirate costume, I haven't made a doll version of Abby's Halloween costume . . . until this year:
Presenting Ivy as Cleopatra! Ivy has just the right hair for a Queen of the Nile look-- the only thing missing is some thick black eyeliner, but there's no way I was drawing on this doll . . .
Ivy's costume was made from the scraps of Abby's with leftover trim and rhinestones. And then I decided she needed gold sandals, so those had to be found of course. I had so much fun making Abby's costume, but I have to admit that putting Ivy's costume together was just as exciting.
And now Ivy and Julie are ready for Halloween night:
Good thing too, because Halloween night is coming up pretty fast! Thank goodness all the dolls who live here have costumes--oh, and my kids do too. We're totally ready.
Happy Halloween!
I love the Cleopatra outfit! It's perfect for Ivy right down to her sparkly , gold sandals. I had the idea while looking at it that you might be able to use floor tape for eyeliner, the kind they use on gym floors. It comes right up. Of course you wouldn't want to buy a whole role for a tiny bit like you would need for they eye liner.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dawn. And what a good idea! Maybe next year . . .
Delete