The first pattern I picked was Heritage Doll Fashions Wrap and Vest. I wanted something easy and simple--something that could coordinate with t-shirts and jeans (I didn't feel like making a whole outfit.) I also wanted to use knit fabric--I have a ton of it in my stash and I wanted the option of not using my serger (again, feeling lazy.) I've been drawn to the Heritage Doll Fashions designs for awhile--so I was excited to try this one. It looked easy, cute, modern, and fun.
So here is Charlotte and McKenna wearing their vest and wrap:
The pattern totally met my expectations. The vest came together in ten minutes and was so simple that I know Abby would enjoy sewing it. In fact, she likes it so much that she wants to make a couple of vests in different colors. Liberty Jane Patterns encourages young girls to sew--this would be an excellent pattern for a young doll lover to try.
The wrap was a little more time-consuming than the vest, but not much. I also think a beginner could sew it easily. So the pattern gets an A+ from me--it's well-designed, well-drafted, came together quickly, and cute. And now we have two versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched and played with.
I'm sure the dolls are surprised and happy that they have something to wear. It's a good start.

No comments:
Post a Comment