I couldn't figure out how to model these mittens while taking a picture of them, so here they are on the carpet. (I've spared you the strange snapshot I took in the mirror).These mittens are cool because the cuff extends almost halfway up my arms--I can see myself wearing these while driving around in the cold weather. They kind of remind me of oven mitts too--maybe I'll wear them when I bake some pies next week. But then I wouldn't want any pumpkin filling smeared on them. Never mind.
The pattern I used can be found here. (Although I made these because I like cables, not vampires.)
I don't really consider myself a knitter. I take up knitting every now and then, but not enough to have any sort of expertise. So please pardon some of the funky stitches in the cuff ribbing.
I guess I just like the process of knitting in the round. The other night we listened to a game on the radio (because we're old-fashioned and don't have cable and so therefore don't have sports channels) and as I worked on these mittens, I felt like we were in the 1940s. I can't wait to knit some socks in front of a winter fire while my husband whittles a piece of wood and pops popcorn in a kettle.
Just kidding, we're not that old-fashioned.
Cute! I keep thinking I need to work on my knitting skills, but then I get nervous about it. I've only knitted scarves, and they weren't even fancy like that.
ReplyDeleteI love them and I want them for driving around in the cold! Can't wait for mine ;)
ReplyDelete