
What do you need to bake a pumpkin pie besides a can of pumpkin? A pumpkin apron of course! Last week, my reward for finishing all of my laundry and ironing was cutting out and then sewing this very easy, but very cute pumpkin apron. And every time I folded a load of clothes or ironed another white shirt, I looked at this pumpkin fabric and smiled--(yes, I know, I'm a dork.) There is just something about a good pumpkin print with all its orange cheerfulness that makes me happy. And I can't think of a better way to wear a pumpkin print than in an apron (it may be the only way one can wear a pumpkin print . . . )
And there is something very fun about wearing an apron. I picture myself wearing this apron as I cook Thanksgiving dinner. Except I'm not cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year. But I will wear this apron as I hover around my mom in the kitchen trying to be useful. I'll even wear this apron as I make dinner for my own family. I'll wear it as I whip up a pumpkin pie or two this month. I might even just wear it around the house. I'll be honest, I am wearing it right now as I type this post. It's just so much fun to wear!
The pattern for this apron is the "Lily Apron" by Busy Bee Quilt Designs. It really is super easy to sew--I'm already planning to make it in a Christmas print. And please excuse the funny picture of me. Someday I'll have a dressform to model all of my creations instead of having to awkwardly pose in the kitchen as Abby takes my picture.
Oh Yay! Sew very cute! Now you have time to sew my Thanksgiving apron! It is all cut out and ready to go...Great photography Miss Abby!
ReplyDeleteSew much fun! This is sew crazy, you are sew good at sewing! Sew I was thinking, maybe you could sew me one, wouldn't that be sew amazing? We could sew cook together, and make everyone sew happy!
ReplyDeleteSew who is this Village Idiot? Is she the weirdo in the blonde wig?
ReplyDeleteI have a neighbor who puts on an apron every morning when she gets dressed for the day. Always has pockets, rarely has to wash clothes. Not a bad idea.
ReplyDelete