A Work Dress, A Dance Dress, and Some Discounts

I just completed two really fun custom orders for my shop. The first is my version of an outfit worn by Cecile on the cover of Troubles For Cecile. Some people call it her orphanage dress, but I call it her work dress. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a Cecile doll. So Josefina got to model:



The thing I'm most excited about is that blue fabric. I found it at the last fabric store I visited during an intense Cecile Workdress Fabric search. It's so close to the illustration and is the prettiest shade of blue! I also learned a little bit about the history of the head wrap or tignon for women of color in colonial and antebellum New Orleans. Pretty interesting. But the history of clothing always is. At least I think so . . . 

The second order I finished was this fun dress and belt for Julie:



Another one of my go-go dresses made out of some pretty groovy bright pink peace sign fabric. My daughter loves this one and was hoping it wasn't for sale when she saw it. Maybe I'll make one for her and skip the actual American Girl version that is currently offered at $64.00. Yeah, I think I'll definitely do that . . .

ALSO, there are reduced prices on several of the listings in the shop. Check them out if you want to. More listings are always on the way and I still love to take custom orders:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment