Go-Go Julie

So there is a new listing in my shop:


I'm actually really excited about this one. When my daughter got Julie for her birthday several years ago, she also got a simple little dress from a local doll shop from my sister. I called it Julie's "Go-Go" dress because it came with a cute matching headband and some shiny red boots. (I'm not sure go-go dancing was a 70s thing, but oh well . . .) That little dress was the first thing I really studied when I started making doll clothes. I even drafted a pattern from it and since then have made lots of "Go-Go" dresses for Julie.

When American Girl released a very cute but very pricey dance dress and belt for Julie over the weekend, I pulled out that old pattern and made another version for my shop. I'll probably make yet another one for Julie here. What can I say? I'm just so sentimental about Julie. We love her.  She can never have too many "go-go" dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment