A Little Margaret Dashwood


A couple of months ago I decided to reread Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. When I finished the book, I watched the 1995 film version that stars Emma Thompson. When it comes to Jane Austen's novels and even the films based on her work, I have to admit I am only a somewhat moderate fan. But I do have to admit that Regency-style movie costumes and clothing are pretty exciting! 

I particularly loved a blue striped dress that was worn by the character Margaret Dashwood--Elinor and Marianne's little sister. I loved the color and the how her shawl was wrapped around her shoulders and crossed in front. I loved the girl's wild curly hair--it suited her love of being outside and her innocent conversational outbursts.

So I made this outfit--now listed in my shop--out of some striped fabric I had in honor of Margaret Dashwood--the little sister who spoke her mind, hid from unpleasant people, and climbed trees. If your doll is of the same temperament, then this outfit may be just the thing for her!



No comments:

Post a Comment