A few weeks ago, I finished a custom order--two dresses that the character Lydia wears in American Girl's Caroline series. Lydia is Caroline's cousin, and if you ask me, she wears some of the prettier dresses in the illustrations. The green dress is based on Lydia's work dress in Changes For Caroline, and the red dress is supposed to be Lydia's Christmas dress. I think it's really fun to sew doll outfits from the American Girl book illustrations. It's fun to find just the right fabric and trim, or draft part of a pattern to get just the right look.
I often take custom orders. So if your Caroline needs a Lydia and that Lydia needs some of her own dresses, I'd be happy to help you with that! Or, anything else you might like . . .
I know these two look kind of Christmas-y standing next to each other--they remind me that Christmas is indeed coming. But not before Halloween! The Halloween costume wheels are starting to turn, so stay tuned . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment