Swedish Julie and Holiday Charlotte

Here is Swedish Julie again wearing a white cotton blouse I made for a custom order. Kirsten is all dressed up for the holidays in her St. Lucia gown. She is sitting pretty on my book shelves and so she's exempt from any dress fittings or photo shoots this month.

Speaking of the holidays, every doll around here has a pretty holiday outfit except for our new doll Charlotte. So I made her one. I cut up one of Abby's older Christmas dresses that was too small and had a small tear in the skirt.

I used the bow from the sash to make a hair bow. And now Charlotte can properly celebrate the season.

I like this little dress so much I'm planning on sewing some similar dresses for my shop. Abby has outgrown the stretch velvet/taffeta poufy Christmas dress full of tulle--she says they're too itchy and that she's too old for them. Sigh. Gone are the days of buying her Christmas dress from Costco . . . And I'm so sentimentally attached to most of her old Christmas dresses that I don't have the heart to cut into them. So it's a good thing I found some pretty taffeta on sale. I should be working on a stocking, but I think I will be sewing dolly holiday dresses this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment