
Awhile ago, I discovered
Liberty Jane Patterns For American Girls. The patterns are inexpensive and pretty cute, so I bought the jeans pattern. The cut and design are good, but I didn't love the pattern. Some of the seams didn't match up perfectly (and I hate that) and there's too much bulk in the back waistband. When I made the
bell bottoms, I put in a velcro opening because it's a little hard to pull these pants up over the dolls' bottoms. And not to be a serger snob, but serging the hems and waistband made things a lot easier. If you're wasting your time making doll clothes like me, you really do want a serger.

I made one pair to look like a pair of skinny jeans and one pair with more of a bootcut to fit over shoes. My top-stitching isn't perfect, but dolls don't care. And I'll probably get some more Liberty Jane patterns. I really like this
one.
But up next is a Chinese New Year dress for Julie. I ordered Ivy's dress from American Girl and paid way too much for it. Cody took one look at it, and asked, "Can't you make that stuff now?"
We'll see. Here's a picture of Ivy and her dress:

And now I've become one of those people who poses dolls for photographs. Or was I one already? I promise I don't play with them by myself.
Who cares if you do! I will admit I have played for a minute or two with Maxwell's Woody and Bullseye dolls ;) I just wanted to say although I am not into dolls and such, BUT if I were our dolls would definitely be shopping for clothes at your place. Really cute Ashley, I bet Abby just loves all that you do for her dolls. Really fun!
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling that I'll have a lot of doll clothes sewing myself in the future... these turned out cute.
ReplyDelete