So Cody and I are dressing up as Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler for Oscar Night. And since I don't have a lot of magenta silk lying around to make her pretty bustle dress, I decided to recreate her look from the closing scenes where she wears a white shirt, a vest, and breeches (or are they knickers?)So I bought some inexpensive suedecloth and cut out the pants from Simplicity's pirate costume pattern (because that way I can reuse them for a pirate costume of course.) I made them in no time at all, but there is a slight problem: they are HUGE--I guess pirates prefer baggy breeches. Abby looked a little doubtful when I put them on. I also tried on our go-to puffy shirt and a vest Cody wore on a pioneer trek. Everything was too big and baggy, and when I turned towards Abby and pulled a funny face, she laughed and said, "You look like a huge troll."
Troll? That wasn't exactly the look I was going for. So I put on a smaller white shirt and cinched up the waist--I even tried on my brown wig for effect. Abby still look worried. I said, "It's okay. Oscar Night costumes are supposed to be funny." At that point, she started to cry real tears and said, "I just don't want anyone to laugh at you."
Ah, daughters--always looking out for their moms.
Ha ha ha! A huge troll?! Ha ha ha! Abby is the best with her silly comments! This post really made me laugh, thanks! Abby dearest you are the funniest! Daughters, what would we do without them? (do not answer)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Cody and the moose?! bwaha ha ha ha! Too funny, what a dork.
ReplyDeleteAbby is so cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat's on the menu for your Oscar Party? I'm suppose to take an appetizer to ours. Any ideas?
Tara