We just a bought a new chair for our family room. We call it The Reading Chair. And the rule is that you can only sit in it if you are reading. Or stitching something. Or watching cartoons while you are draped in a blanket and surrounded by either Barbie dolls or stuffed animals . . .I've always wanted an official reading spot. It makes my family room feel a little bit like a library--never mind the TV or couch set. And while the room will never accommodate enough bookshelves for one of those rolling ladders, it's big enough for the books we have, and now the reading chair. Only the chair needed something--a little toile pillow.
Because one can never have enough red toile, I used leftover fabric from the pillows that are in my living room. But I added a ruffle. And now I have a very inviting spot to sit down and read. Maybe I'll plow through that biography of Andrew Jackson a little quicker now . . .
Where do you like to read?
Very nice! I like it muy bueno. I like to read anywhere where Max is not... te he he. Dave however loves to take a book or scriptures and read outside by a creek or spring or... water. He has done it ever since I married him and wherever we move he manages to find a great spot by a creek and he will go there and read whenever he has the chance. It is cute I think:)
ReplyDeleteMaybe when we finally have a house we will have a little stream of water in the back yard with a nice bench for him to read anytime he wants:)
ReplyDeleteMake me one. Now.
ReplyDelete