In My Retro Christmas Dreams

This is me in my retro Christmas dreams. I think I would just love to wear this dress while trimming my vintage Christmas tree. It looks like so much fun. I tried to tell Abby that this was really me, and she said, "Oh it's not you--you're skin isn't that white." Thanks, but I think it may just be a shade whiter . . .

There are some in my family who believe that cool retro is all about the seventies. And when you have long, straight blonde hair and a recent preference for all things crocheted, then yeah, the 1970s is your decade. But I think the coolest retro look comes from the fifties with all of its big skirted, cinch waisted, frilly aproned, kitchsy kitchen glory. I love the prints and the colors from this decade, but most of all the dresses.
What's not to love?

I've been thinking retro lately because I have been making some cool Christmas presents with some retro flair. And I'm hooked (no pun intended) on crocheting again. Crocheting is easy, relaxing, and granny-esque in a cute way. I'm dreaming up all sorts of crocheted projects for the long winter evenings ahead . . . I've always been a sucker for a good granny square.

And I've also made some cute aprons in very vintage-y fabrics. When Abby gets home from school, I'll have her take another dumb picture of me in my new Christmas apron. It's a holly print and it's very 1950s. Maybe I'll don a coiffed hairdo, put on some red lipstick and pearls and pose by the Christmas tree . . . just kidding. But I will post a picture of it soon and then I am off to bake some Christmas goodies. Does anyone have a good idea for what kind of cookie to bring to a Christmas cookie exchange? Last year I made the most atrocious gingerbread yuckies that I have to redeem myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment