Seagreen . . . Taffeta

Sitting on top of my fabric remnant stash is two yards of seagreen taffeta that my mother-in-law gave me. Taffeta is such a lovely fabric--it's crispy, easy to sew, and makes a nice swish-swish sound when it's worn. It's also a great word: Taff-e-ta. It may be one of my favorite fabrics and favorite words. I should be excited to make something with this stuff. Only there is one problem. It's seagreen. What kind of color is seagreen? The only people who can really pull off wearing seagreen are mermaids. I even tried to convince myself that instead of being seagreen, it was really a pretty light blue. But when I went to the store for matching thread, the only thread that matched was called "Spray Green." Which means seagreen.

It's a lamentable situation. Two yards of taffeta could make a great holiday skirt if it was red or black. Or if it was only a half yard, I'd whip up a Barbie dress (or a dress for Barbie's friend Ariel) and check it off my stash list without thinking twice. But two yards of seagreen taffeta requires some thought . . .

And look . . . matching lace. The quandary deepens. Just what will I make?
Check back soon.


3 comments:

  1. Mabye it will be in style for Abby's prom? I'm pretty sure you could pull anything off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! almost as tough as mauve! Good Luck! (Uh...who did you draw for Christmas? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one is going to be as tricky as a dicky turtle neck. You know I can NEVER get it even on both shoulders. WOOOWEEEE I tell ya! Taffeta and dicky's are for those who dare to wander in a sewer's dangerous territory. I imagine it as exciting as Tom Cruise cruising through the danger zone in Top Gun. By the way, you drew me for Christmas, and taffeta is something I would burn with gasoline and matches while eating skittles. So unless you want your "art" ruined, I suggest you just get me that kitchen aid I have been talking about. Loves.

    ReplyDelete