But then I got bored. And antsy. So I decided that our Kirsten doll needed some new dresses (because sewing more doll clothes right before the birth of a new baby is completely logical, right?)
I found the prettiest robin egg blue print at my favorite quilting store and used it to make a version of Kirsten's work dress:
I also made a version of Kirsten's blue checked dress and embroidered apron. The apron was a perfect last-minute project. I really was too big and round to sit comfortably at my sewing machine, so sitting on the couch to embroider was perfectly fun:
Now that our little guy is here safe and sound, (and my scissors are newly sharpened) I'm looking forward to sewing again for my shop. I have a pile of cute feedsack reproduction fabrics waiting:
Feedsack dresses are so cheerful and perfect for summer--whether your doll lives in the Depression-era or not. I also have my eye on some really cool patterns I want to try, but am debating whether I really need Marie-Grace to properly model what I have in mind. I just might . . .
I also started a Facebook page. But I am a complete Facebook newbie, so it is still a work in progress . . .
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little sweetie! The doll clothes you made while waiting turned out great! I especially liked looking at Kirsten's checked dress and apron as that is on my agenda to make soon.
ReplyDeleteYeah!! You're back!
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations on your new little guy!
We'd love to see pictures :o))
And I love that you are sewing for Kirsten.
They are both adorable outfits!
My Kirsten is begging for new clothes, so I was wondering
if you will be posting some on your Etsy shop?
Carolyn
Hi Carolyn:) Kirsten is the best doll to sew for, so of course I'll be adding some Kirsten things. Maybe some summery Kirsten things . . .
DeleteSounds good!!
DeleteI'll be watching for some :o))