Embroidered Pillowcases

I made these pillowcases in February from Alicia Paulson's Embroidery Companion. At first they were a lot of fun. I loved the colors of the thread and taking the time to slowly stitch each bunch of flowers. It felt old-fashioned in a satisfying way--I pretended I was making them for my trousseau.

But then I remembered I was already married and my husband probably doesn't want to sleep on an embroidered pillowcase.

So they have been neatly folded up and put away. Maybe someday Abby will want them because they are awfully pretty. And at least my embroidery skills improved a tiny bit. Although I do admit that stitching the second pillowcase got a little boring. And my stitches got a little sloppy.

I think when it comes to embroidering more pillowcases, I'll probably pass.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to try some, to put away for my girls maybe. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete