Ivy's Beach Dress

A few weeks ago I ordered Julie's birthday dress from American Girl. I'm going to put it in Abby's Easter basket. But whenever I buy or make something for Julie, I feel bad for Ivy. So I made Ivy a new dress. Here is the picture of Julie and Ivy at the beach on Julie's birthday from Julie and the Eagles:

And here is my version of Ivy's beach dress:

It's a bit snug--everything I sew for dolls without a real pattern ends up being a tad too tight. I'll have to remember that for next time. But at least Ivy gets a new dress. And since Julie's birthday is officially May 1st, it will be just in time too.

Now if only we were going to the beach to celebrate . . .

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I,too, need to make doll clothes in the near future. Felicity's turn. You do nice work, I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete